VERDENCE/PRO Unveils New Advisory Board
VERDENCE/PRO UNVEILS NEW ADVISORY BOARD MADE UP OF LUMINARIES
FROM PROFESSIONAL SPORTS, SPORTS BUSINESS, ENTERTAINMENT AND MORE
Sports and entertainment division of one of the country’s leading wealth management firms adds to its impressive pedigree and focus on education, empowerment, and transparency
BALTIMORE, MD – June 8, 2020 – Verdence/PRO, the athlete- and entertainer-focused division of nationally-recognized private wealth advisory and multi-family office firm Verdence Capital Advisors (“Verdence”), today announced the members of its new advisory board.
Comprised of highly experienced and successful sports and entertainment industry veterans, the board will provide the Verdence/PRO team with important guidance around a number of key topics, including the present and future landscape of sports and entertainment, the complex issues that athletes and entertainers need to navigate at various stages of their careers, and meaningful content and solutions to help address the mental, physical, medical and additional needs of this highly specialized type of client.
“I could not be more proud of the caliber of people who have agreed to join this new advisory board,” said Leo Kelly, CEO and Founder of Verdence Capital Advisors. “Every member of the board has built an exemplary career in their respective field, and it will be a tremendous benefit to the Verdence/PRO team and our clients to be able to draw on their decades of real-world experience.”
The initial members of the Verdence/PRO advisory board include:
- Craig Bennett: Founding physician for Lifebridge Health Sports Medicine Institute in Baltimore, Maryland and a consultant with the National Basketball Association (NBA). He has served as the chair of the University of Maryland Medical Center for orthopedics and has extensive experience throughout the country in the orthopedic surgical community.
- Jerry Bushrod: Currently oversees the Visualize and Rize Foundation, supporting youth sports and education programs to help empower children to reach their full potential. Mr. Bushrod has owned and operated his own private business for over 30-years in the sanitation and waste management industry. Father of longtime NFL veteran Jermon Bushrod.
- Gerry Capone: Has spent over 35 years working with and guiding the University of Virginia Football program. He has worked at all levels of the organization and now works directly with the UVA Head Football Coach and UVa Athletic Director in order to manage the overall operations of the football program.
- Patricia “Trish” Kara: An entertainment industry professional with more than 30 years of experience as an actress, host, model, writer, producer, and mentor. Her career has taken her around the world and given her the chance to work with many notable brands, businesses, and organizations. Most recently, she has dedicated her time to benefitting young professionals entering the entertainment industry along with building her own private business associated with her entertainment network.
- Dan Koppen: Retired NFL veteran player who won multiple Super Bowl Championships during his career in addition to being voted a Pro Bowl and All-Pro player. He has worked in media, private sales, and opened his own business in the years since retirement.
- Jason La Rose: Chief Executive Officer for Equinox and former President of North America business operations for Under Armour. Also previously served as Senior Vice President of Digital Revenue and Senior Vice President of Global E-Commerce for Under Armour, and has held senior positions with Express, Inc., Sears Holding Corporation, and McKinsey & Company.
- Marty Lauzon: Director of Sports Medicine and Performance for the Atlanta Falcons, having been with the team since 2009. He previously served as the Head Athletic Trainer for the Cleveland Browns and has more than two decades of NFL experience.
“Our new advisory board members bring a wide range of backgrounds and resumes, but all share the distinction of reaching the pinnacle of their respective industries,” said Noel LaMontagne, Verdence/PRO Director and former NFL football player. “I am excited to work with them to provide the kind of information, insight and mentorship opportunities that make Verdence/PRO the go-to team for elite athletes and entertainers.”
The Verdence/PRO team strives to help professional athletes and entertainers manage their financial challenges and life complexities. The team offers a robust range of service offerings, including investment management and financial counseling to highly tailored budget and cash flow design, long-term in-depth financial planning, career path analysis, life skills and economic education, private investment screening, philanthropic strategies, community engagement and more.
Verdence/PRO is built around a philosophy that rests on three key pillars: Education, Empowerment and Transparency.
“Every member of our board is philosophically aligned with everything that makes our PRO team so unique,” said Verdence/PRO Managing Director and Partner Rich Rosa. “Our offerings and expertise are unparalleled in the space and are now even stronger following the addition of this board, further cementing all that makes us the right choice for athletes and entertainers, especially during such tumultuous times, when experience and expertise matter more than ever.”
# # #
About Verdence Capital Advisors
Verdence Capital Advisors is a nationally-recognized private wealth advisory and multi-family office firm headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland, with an office in Northern Virginia. Committed to the principle that advice should be transparent, customized, and given without bias, true independence is one of the guiding principles of Verdence Capital Advisors.
For more information, visit: www.verdence.com
# # #
Chris Sullivan/Julia Stoll