Job Title: Verdence/OCIO: IAP Fund Accountant—Alternative Investment
The IAP Fund Account is responsible for delivering high-quality and efficient service to both internal and external partners in the production and delivery of Independent Access Partners’ alternative investment platform offered through Verdence/OCIO. The IFA will directly contribute to key business outcomes such as investor onboarding, retention, investor satisfaction, and enhancing Verdence/OCIO’s value to investors and prospects.
- A general working knowledge of alternative investment funds.
- Manage investor onboarding and provide accurate documentation for opening new investments.
- Have a basic knowledge of general ledger accounting functions in compliance with all accounting policies and procedures and in accordance with applicable rules and regulations such as SEC, IRS and GAAP.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with investors/clients and other professional firms (such as audit/tax/Administrator) with whom the firm conducts business.
- Review preliminary and final trial balances associated with capital account statements.
- Monitor and review capital calls, distributions, cash settlements, investor activity, interest, dividend payments, and other cash items to ensure that outstanding issues are being addressed.
- Review expense analysis schedule to support year-end audits and financial statement preparation via the Fund Administrator
- Manage operational issues surrounding registration changes, wire instructions, transfers, etc.
- Review financial reports to ensure that the items have been allocated correctly in accordance with the fund’s documents, i.e. management and incentive fees have been calculated and allocated correctly in accordance with the fund’s documents.
- Review, investor reports, and other investor/client reports. Schedules to include the balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, financial highlights and accompanying notes (i.e. Financial package).
- Review fund expense reports for each fund.
- Execute regulatory filings (Form D), through EFD and directly with state regulatory organizations, where applicable
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and advanced Excel skills. Demonstrated aptitude and experience with in-house software.
- Exhibit initiative in a high-performing culture and have a track record of meeting or beating deadlines.
- Demonstrates excellent work habits, attendance, and attitude. Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Good relationship development skills and an aptitude for investor service.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and investor service skills.
- Solid work ethic, professionalism, and positive attitude.
- Proactively communicate with all stakeholders on the status/completion of tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years investor service and/or Fund Accounting experience -OR- High School degree/GED with 8+ years of accounting and/or finance experience
Work Location: 50 Schilling Rd, Hunt Valley, MD
Job Type: Full-time
Submit your resume to Matt Andrulot
We will invite prospective candidates to schedule a visit to our office to learn more about the position and meet our team.
Verdence Capital Advisors is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
About Verdence Capital Advisors
Verdence Capital Advisors, LLC (VCA) is a $3.2 billion Registered Investment Advisor with 45 employees. Verdence provides personalized service focused on in-depth financial planning and advice serving ultra-high net-worth families, business owners, entrepreneurs, executives, elite athletes, and entertainers. The firm assists families of significant wealth in effectively allocating capital through long-term planning and portfolio strategy. They also help to facilitate access to public/private alternative investments, real estate, and unique direct deal flow via idea generation, external manager selection, and due diligence. To reduce complexity for its clients, the team manages tax accountants and attorneys while facilitating asset acquisition, bill payment, and concierge services. They also advise on legacy preservation through estate planning, philanthropy, and family services such as governance, succession planning, risk management, and education of future generations.